Huskers Open NCAA Regionals Against North Texas
The Nebraska softball team is set to make its 25th appearance in the NCAA Tournament at the NCAA Stillwater Regional. The Huskers will face North Texas in game one on Friday, May 20, at 5 p.m. (CT) at Cowgirl Stadium.
Fans can listen to the action live on the Huskers Radio Network and Huskers.com with the call from Nate Rohr. The game will also be streamed live on ESPN+ (subscription required). Tickets are available at http://okstate.com/ncaasoftball.
The Huskers will face North Texas (35-14) in game one of the NCAA Stillwater Regional. The Mean Green received an automatic bid to their first NCAA Tournament after claiming the CUSA Tournament title. UNT had five players receive all-conference honors from the CUSA for their performances throughout the year.
No. 7 Oklahoma State (41-12) received an automatic bid after claiming the Big 12 Tournament title, winning over No. 1 Oklahoma, 4-3, in eight innings. This marks the third consecutive season in which the Cowgirls earned the right to host an NCAA Regional and the second straight season in which OSU secured a top-eight national seed.
Oklahoma State will face Fordham (30-20) who also received an automatic bid after winning the Atlantic 10 Tournament title. This marks the Rams 10th trip to the NCAA Tournament and first appearance since 2019.
Nebraska Quick Hits
- Nebraska is 16th in the nation in slugging percentage (.536), 18th in doubles (83), and 19th in scoring (6.20) and batting average (.315).
- The Huskers' .971 fielding percentage is currently chasing the school record of .973 which was set in 2006.
- NU currently holds a team batting average of .315. This looks to be one of the highest team averages since 2015 (.337).
- Nebraska's defense is ranked 15th in the nation in double plays per game.
- The Huskers finished regular-season conference play with the best batting average (.328) and best ERA (2.36).
- This marks the first NCAA Tournament appearance for Nebraska since 2016 when the Huskers finished their season at the NCAA Columbia Regional.
- Billie Andrews is 13th in the nation in home runs (19).
- Courtney Wallace (17) and Olivia Ferrell (19) have both recorded career-high victories in the circle this season.
- Mya Felder and Cam Ybarra were the only Big Ten Conference players to receive All-Conference, All-Defensive and All-Tournament honors.
- Abbie Squier has been hit by a pitch a team-high nine times.
Huskers in the Ranks
- Nebraska's 75 home runs this season is 16th in the NCAA.
- The Huskers rank 19th in the nation in batting average (.315) and scoring per game (6.20).
- The Big Red averages 1.39 home runs per game which is 22nd in the NCAA.
- Nebraska ranks first in the Big Ten in batting average (.315), hits (468), home runs (75), RBIs (311), total bases (796) and slugging percentage (.536).
- Courtney Wallace is 33rd in the NCAA with three saves.
- Olivia Ferrell and Courtney Wallace are sixth and seventh in the Big Ten in victories (19 and 17).
- Mya Felder has the sixth-best batting average (.395) in the Big Ten.
- Billie Andrews is 13th in the nation in home runs with 19.
- Billie Andrews is second in the Big Ten in RBIs (49) and home runs (19).
- Billie Andrews leads the conference in assists with 111.
- Mya Felder and Cam Ybarra lead the Big Ten in fielding double plays with 20 and 18.